In 2008, my wife Kelly and I co-founded Freelance University with the purpose of becoming the #1 go-to training center for Freelancers and VAs from around the globe! As of this year, we have successfully trained over 14,000 Virtual Assistants and Freelancers in more than 70 countries. Kelly and I have had the great privilege of building our Online University while raising our 5 daughters who are the greatest blessings of our lives. I look forward to meeting you and seeing you either in this program or at our University very soon. I leave you with my favorite quote from marketing guru, Seth Godin: "The only worse thing than starting something and failing... is not starting something."
If we were to be entirely honest with ourselves, we would probably agree that in-person networking kind of freaks us out (well, at least most of us). The thought of entering a room and striking up conversations with strangers may well send you into a “cold sweat”! If you fall into that category, this workshop is definitely for you. In this workshop we will offer a simple system for building an effective in-person network for generating new client leads and income opportunities. You will learn some helpful strategies for “breaking the ice” and making a positive first impression with a new contact. We will also explore the best ways to find new business networking opportunities in your local area.
- Download Workshop Handout Here
- Part 1: Common Networking Mistakes
- Part 2: Six Keys to Building Meaningful Relationships
- Part 3: Overcome Five Common Networking Fears
- Part 4: Stage 1 - Create Networking Plan
- Part 5: Stage 2 - Prepare to Network
- Part 6: Stage 3 - Make Connections
- Part 7: Stage 4 - Follow-up
- Conversation Starters and Closers
- Networking Tools and Resources